"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."
A quote I found today that I really liked. Today I got a glimpse of happiness. I feel like I've been lost in a dark tunnel for a long time. I've been scrambling in the dark to find the hole in the wall that will let me out but it's been a futile effort. Funny how it's after you stop scrambling, the moment you let yourself feel the pangs of utter defeat, that you finally to look up and see a faint light in the distance. The light doesn't engulf you, but you wouldn't want it too or you would be blinded and as helpless as before. It's only enough to let you know that there is a way out and the hope of more light to come.
"People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. Feelings are disturbing. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality."
My thought for the day, don't be scared to feel, don't run from it because you're only numbing what will eventually feel worse. Feel it and feel the brunt of all of it, it's part of your reality and that's when you can see the real light. For me it's my friends, hot chocolate, snow, a random run to J-dawgs, that is the glimmer of light for my dark and seemingly endless tunnel. Last quote for the day:
"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends we choose."
Thanks for sharing this, Nat. I really liked that quote. Even though life may seem dark, just remember that you have so many people that love you! I sure do.
ReplyDelete