Sunday, April 27, 2014

30 weeks!

So can you believe I'm already 30 weeks along or 7 1/2 months?  I feel like it's gone by so fast, so fast in fact that I'm starting to panic because I don't have really anything ready for the baby (really it's because I'm actually going to have a baby). Conversations usually go, "so do you have the baby's room all ready?!" nope haven't even really started (besides he's going to get more like a corner), no I don't have a color scheme, no I don't have a theme and no I really haven't bought anything for the baby. And yes, I know that's crazy, and yes I know I need to sometimes said between a frozen smile and clenched teeth. Inside I'm thinking, do you know how big of a life change this is? It's huge and buying stuff just forces me to confront it so I just choose not to :) I know so healthy. What can I say though? Pregnancy is a roller coaster and I feel like going from Christmas is coming to the end of the world as we (Jason and I) know it.



I will say though the pregnancy itself always continues to be a fun adventure. I'm continually fascinated by my daily changing body. The other night I woke up and the baby was apparently underneath my ribs, I adjusted myself and it hurt so I brilliantly thought I would sit up. Well as soon as I used my muscles to sit up I regretted my decision. I sat up in bed panting waiting for the pain to go away. Jason wakes up and asks me what's wrong and I say "I feel like I got stabbed with a knife!" and he says "oh no, it's not that bad." Ha as if he knew how bad it hurt but then like I know what it's like to be stabbed with a knife. We had a good laugh about it the next morning. If there's one thing I've learned throughout my pregnancy it's that you just laugh and go along with what happens.


4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA one of my word verifications for that last comment was "conceive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a tough cookie because that sounds SO PAINFUL! But you look great. And no worries about the baby room/corner. I feel like those kinds of plans are superfluous anyway. I slept in a closet when I was a baby, and I'm pretty sure my parents did not color coordinate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute pregnant!! I can't wait to meet this little nephew of mine!

    ReplyDelete