Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One Month Left...

This picture was taken in a candy store in NY. It was a store of happiness and well, it just makes me smile :)

Can you believe I only have one month left? Strangely, this week I have wanted to be home just as much as I've wanted to be here. All my extended family is in Utah, one of my best friends is leaving on her mission next week, and I am really tired of these long distance relationships with friends and family. There is just something about being in the same room as the ones you care about that doesn't get transmitted over phone or messaging. Work is catching up with me here which is hard because the weather is getting nice. Okay, now that I have that out, I am terribly sad that I only have one month left! It is going to go by way to fast and I know I will be homesick for this place when I get back in Utah. I went running on the mall today after work, it was wonderful. I went to the National Art Gallery on Saturday and I'm becoming a lover of modern art. I heard Senator Bennett and Congressman Matheson over the weekend and we are talking about the Supreme Court this week. I am reading the Federalist Papers and Ben Franklin's Autobiography which are both amazing and I am continuously amazed at the Founder's writing, if only we could be more like Franklin who wouldn't even play chess because it took away too much time from learning. Jealous yet? I am writing this more for myself than anyone because in one month from today I will be although today I'd love to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I'm jealous. Just let the homesickness out and then you will be able to fully appreciate being away. THat said, I wish you were here. ENjoy the cherry blossoms for me!

    ReplyDelete