Greetings from Cambridge, England! One 9 hour plane ride, a 2 1/2 hour bus ride and a couple of layovers and a hot and sweaty ten minute walk later I finally arrived at King's College, Cambridge. I haven't seen London yet but the country here is beautiful, just like the movies. Lots of rolling hills and little cottages that Sleeping Beauty could live in. Then I arrive in this castle which is where I will be spending most of my time for the next 8 weeks. I really feel like I went to sleep and woke up in a storybook, it's awesome. So some of the wierd things, England doesn't believe in aircoditioning and they also don't believe puting the toilets with the showers. The showers are on one floor and the "toilet" is two floors down. They also, at least in Cambridge, don't believe in walking on the grass. Besides that though, Cambridge is pretty cool and I live quite high class. Everyone is super polite here and they are really good about making you feel at home and giving you everything you need. So what I've experienced so far I love and I can tell you it will be impossibly hard to go back to Provo for school. If this was closer to home, I think I would definitely go here, I love living in a fairy tale story book.
"There is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost." -Martha Graham
Monday, June 28, 2010
Today was a Fairytale
Greetings from Cambridge, England! One 9 hour plane ride, a 2 1/2 hour bus ride and a couple of layovers and a hot and sweaty ten minute walk later I finally arrived at King's College, Cambridge. I haven't seen London yet but the country here is beautiful, just like the movies. Lots of rolling hills and little cottages that Sleeping Beauty could live in. Then I arrive in this castle which is where I will be spending most of my time for the next 8 weeks. I really feel like I went to sleep and woke up in a storybook, it's awesome. So some of the wierd things, England doesn't believe in aircoditioning and they also don't believe puting the toilets with the showers. The showers are on one floor and the "toilet" is two floors down. They also, at least in Cambridge, don't believe in walking on the grass. Besides that though, Cambridge is pretty cool and I live quite high class. Everyone is super polite here and they are really good about making you feel at home and giving you everything you need. So what I've experienced so far I love and I can tell you it will be impossibly hard to go back to Provo for school. If this was closer to home, I think I would definitely go here, I love living in a fairy tale story book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment