Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

The hurricane is coming. And Jason is giddy. He, with his Idaho background, is apparently built for natural disasters and survival. I just have to thank his mom and dad for doing such a good job raising him with a lot of practical skills. A tree branch (aka full size limb) fell in the middle of the road narrowly missing two cars. As Jason was bravely facing the storm (exaggeration here, it was lightly raining with minor gusts of wind, no bravery needed) to get the flashlight from his car he watched as the branch fell and he went and pulled it out of the street. Now he is home and at the slightest noise he looks at me with big hopeful eyes and asks "did you hear that?" to which I reply yes, it was our neighbors upstairs and then his hopes crash when he realizes he can't go pull another branch out of the street. Now he's going to go in the basement of our house to see if the owners have any tools to help us survive. Tell you what, I definitely married right since natural disasters are not my thing. Neither is survival really. Overall we don't feel too threatened and we now realize the security that comes with having food storage which I think we will make a goal to build from now on. Anyway, here's a couple of pictures from the last of our fall activities as winter is fast approaching....By the way it was a win win for homemaking this last weekend, I cut Jason's hair for my first time ever  and it actually looks good! I felt so accomplished! I also made pumpkin cookies which are addicting and we have a mildly clean house :) 


After a really hard week Jason brought home these glasses and new shirts for a good smile on Friday night.


I promised my sister pictures of the fall colors so here you go! These were trees from the temple and few on my walks to work.


Oh and don't forget Salem for Halloween, crazy stuff here, definitely beats frightmares at Lagoon.






2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. I love the fall colors. Good luck this week! Stay dry and safe! Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Natalie,
    I keep checking to find updates on your lovely life, or at least post Sandy life...
    I miss your face. All my love,
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete