Monday, October 13, 2014

Babysitting

I decided on Friday that I'm not teaching Will to crawl and the jury is still out on whether I'll teach him to walk. Last weekend I watched my friend's 8 month old boy for the day while she was out of town. I was quite apprehensive about having an 8 month old and 3 month old at the same time but it actually went better than expected. However this 8 month old can crawl and that's a whole different ball game. My living room looked like a wrestling ring. I had the table in front of the TV cords and the piano bench in front of the stairs. Then he decided he wanted to stand up using the back of my piano so I placed the dining room chairs in front of the piano and despite my best efforts I still had to keep pulling him back from the electrical outlets and our rock fireplace. It was exhausting. Hence my decision to keep Will immobile for as long as possible. But despite my efforts it seems like Will has a determination of his own evidenced by this...



My baby can roll over! I can't believe it. The funny thing is he looks like he's not even happy to do it, he just looks like it's something to do. We were up at his Aunt Jamia's house when it happened and he did it 3 times in a row. I can't decide if I'm proud and happy or terrified :)

No comments:

Post a Comment