Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Harvard, here we come!

It's official, we're going to Boston! I know, it's been forever since I've written anything (like 6 months ago before we got married...oops) but this is so exciting we couldn't keep it to ourselves. About a month ago Jason found out he was accepted to Harvard. He text me at work saying "I GOT ACCEPTED TO HARVARD" immediately followed by another text saying "this is not a joke" to which I let out a silent scream while I was transferring someone to another dept. on the phone. I came home to my husband floating above the ground with his head slightly bigger than when I had last seen him :) We were both ecstatic. I know you are wondering why it took so long to accept the offer but being the careful (indecisive) people that we are, yes it did take us a month to figure it out. When it came down to it, how can you pass down a chance to go to Harvard? Jason visited the campus last weekend and loved it. It's the perfect mix of learning but learning to DO something which is exactly what Jason's been looking for. Despite the fact that we will be living in a tiny apartment and eating a lot of rice (it's cheap) we both feel very blessed. This is an opportunity of a life time.

Besides, I just might be able to live in my dream little apartment that I found in D.C.....just maybe :)

4 comments:

  1. IAMSOEXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what??!! exciting! oh my goodness. friend, we need to catch up. this clearly shows how out of the loop I am! congrats on making such a big and exciting decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations times a million!That's fantastic! when do you guys leave?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let the dreams continue! (Can I come??? :) I'm sure Jason wouldn't mind his mother in-law in that "tiny little dream appartment"! Can you say Nightmare? haha Anyway, I'll just continue being proud and envious....:) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete