"There is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost." -Martha Graham
Monday, April 30, 2012
In honor of Mother's Day
Today my mother-in-law sent me this book, I Want to Be a Mommy. While Jason and I got a great laugh opening this up wondering what this was implying (really it is a wonderful Mother's Day gift that was given to all her daughter's to read to their children - I just haven't reached that yet) I read through it and I can say that it's true; I want to be a mom. Since being out of school I have been searching for who I want to become and what it is that will bring me the most personal satisfaction out of life. While I have searched different career paths, it seems that I will never be satisfied until I am a mom. While there are many things that I enjoy doing now, I look forward to that day that I can take on the most noble career as I believe C.S. Lewis put it. Why you might ask? Well as this book so aptly puts it, I want to be a mom "because mommies can do everything! They can climb mountains, kiss owies, know everything, juggle, save the day, and make wishes come true. And a mommy is a princess who can play in the dirt too."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Natalie, this post makes me so happy. I too have come to the same conclusion. However, many--if not most--of the people who are currently in my setting do not agree with me and look down at me as if I am selling myself short. It's so saddening to me so see how other women and men find it so degrading. Thank you for standing up for motherhood!
ReplyDelete