Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day

Graduation week is here! I can't believe it's already done, but more for that on a later post. With all of the finals and job searching Monday was our first day that we could actually enjoy the fact that he finished school. Jason was dead set on hiking the Birkshire's out in western Mass and so that's exactly what we did. It was very different than a Utah hike. We drove 2 1/2 hours to get to the "mountain" and then in a mile and a half we were at the top and could oversee the whole valley. The hike itself was categorized as strenuous and it definitely got your blood pumping and heart racing if you took the difficult trail but it was a somewhat baby hike for Utah. However it was perfect because we got to the top in little time and had a beautiful view, definitely my kind of hike. It was so wonderful to be out in nature again! I didn't even realize that I had missed it. To top it off when we were driving home we stopped at two of the most beautiful grocery stores I've seen in MA. The first had a whole aisle of gluten free foods right when you walked in, hello happiness! (I've gone gluten free for the past month or so. more on that later) And then Wegman's which is kind of like Harmon's. Too bad we might be moving soon so I didn't get too much.





No comments:

Post a Comment