
So one of my favorite movies is Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one of course). I saw it for the first time in ninth grade, fell in love, and now I can quote practically the entire thing. But I think one of my absolute favorite parts from all the movies comes from number two when Jack is talking to Elizabeth. He claims that they aren't all that different. He says that one day she, the somewhat responsible good girl, will come to his side. Why? "One word, Curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist." Me, being the responsible one always doing what I'm expected, has always wondered what it's like to act on what I want because I want it, not because anyone else wants it for me. Well for the first time in my life I've come to a point where no one really is expecting me to do anything, as long as I do something that makes me happy. In a sense I have what I always wanted, freedom to do what I want. The problem: I don't know what that is. What I thought I wanted all the sudden isn't really what I wanted and the one thing I know I do want is impossible for me to reach by myself. Hmmm I don't think I ever foresaw this problem...
No comments:
Post a Comment