The weekend after memorial day was Jason's Birthday! Holiday's are kind of a sticking point with Jason and I because he never really celebrated holiday's and holiday's were always a big deal for me. SO when I try to celebrate something, especially something for him, I have to do a lot of convincing that it's actually a good thing. Last year was usurped by graduation, getting a new job, and moving but this year was a great success! Jason played the Birthday Boy really well. Saturday night we took advantage of the Art's Festival here in Charleston called the Spolleto Festival and went to a modern opera called Facing Goya. It was very interesting, strange, intriguing, and overall we decided that we like the classic foreign operas better but it was an experience. The best part about it was being on a date going to a performance. We hadn't done anything quite like that since we lived in Salt Lake and it was so nice. We enjoyed every moment of freedom we had without a child. In fact we had our first experience where we had to deliberately not talk about baby stuff/stressors. I already saw the benefit of being able to connect and do something that both you enjoy outside of doing things for the kids. Anyway, then Monday was Jason's birthday. I nearly put myself into labor by blowing up a ton of balloons because what's a birthday without balloons? Jason got off a little early from work so we went out and got a 'Low Down Dirty Shame' Burger at one of the best burger places in town and then ended the night with an oreo ice cream cake. At the end Jason said he might even start looking forward to his birthday's from now on. Score!
Happy Belated Birthday to Jason!
ReplyDeleteAnd Goya as in the artist Goya? I'm intrigued!