Sunday, June 15, 2014

May

I apologize for being so absent on my blog. People ask me what's new these days and all I can think about is my growing stomach, becoming a mother, wondering what our son will be like, not even to mention how many changes are going to come in only three weeks (give or take)!! So I guess in an effort to avoid sounding like a broken record stuck on the pregnancy track I stopped posting. However these last few weeks have deserved blogging about so here we go! And I apologize in advance for all the pregnancy/baby references as well as all the disjointed thoughts. Seriously I think the baby is stealing all my brain cells.

So where to begin? I guess I'll break it down by weekends. The weekend of the 17th we went to Brookgreen Gardens which is the largest collection of American sculptures in the U.S. and I'm quite sure the world as well. It was beautiful and by far the best thing we've seen here in Charleston. It's actually about an hour and a half away but still.

 Diana the Hunting Goddess


Man Carving his own Destiny. This one was my favorite. You can't really see his face but it is the most agonizing face cut out of stone that I have seen. I guess it struck me how hard it is to actually carve your own destiny.  

 This was the snake by the statue of man carving his own destiny...that I had just unnoticingly knelt by to take a picture....


And here I am at 33 weeks! Aren't the trees gorgeous?

1 comment:

  1. Natalie you are gorgeous! (and that dress!) and yes, the trees are too :)

    ReplyDelete